Despite having sufficient rest, if you often feel tired in the morning, then you really need to find out the reason behind low energy levels. Leaf through this article which explains causes of excessive tiredness. Read on, to know how to boost your energy, naturally.
Children, teenagers, and adults, all are so busy in their routine activities that they hardly get free time for outdoor exercise, hobbies, or sports. Time-bound life leaves you completely exhausted at the end of the day. If you are feeling tired all the time, without any excessive physical exertion and in spite of having sufficient rest, then it is really a cause of concern. Modern life has become so fast and so hectic that people have no time to think about their health. Knowing the factors that might take a toll on your energy levels can help improve your lifestyle and can help you lead a healthy and active life.
Causes of Low Energy
- Stress is one of the major causes of diminished levels of energy in men, women and children. Parental conflicts, increased competition in every field can create stress. Young adults, children and elderly, all are victims of excessive stress. Stress is responsible for ‘adrenal fatigue’ which can drain you of energy and can leave you exhausted.
- Vitamin deficiency and lack of physical activity can be described as the main cause of depleted energy levels. Children waste their time sitting in front of the ‘idiot box’, munching chips and drinking colas. Instead, they should enjoy outdoor sports, which help improve blood circulation and rate of metabolism. As an effect of television commercials, children love to eat chips, fries, burgers and pizzas. All these things make the situation worse.
- A number of illnesses such as thyroid problem, gallbladder problems, liver diseases, allergies, dehydration, diabetes, arthritis can result in diminished energy levels. Women are more likely to develop thyroid or gallbladder problems. Serious diseases like anemia, cancer, heart diseases can lower your energy and stamina. Excessive use of certain medications can also affect your energy, for example, diuretics and antihistamines. During pregnancy and after childbirth, a woman may experience low energy levels.
- Following a wrong diet can result in decreased energy and enthusiasm. Indigestion, heartburn, constipation and other stomach disorders have become common problems as majority of people are including fast food, junk food, processed food, food rich in salt (sodium), in their daily diet. As the body is filled up with toxins instead of nutrients, you feel tired all the time, even after eating or resting.
- Some men and women complain about feeling tired in the morning. Sleep disorders or insomnia can suck your energy and leave you completely drained. But if you are complaining about tiredness in the morning, after enjoying 8 – 9 hours sound sleep, then you need to check your thyroid levels, blood sugar levels, blood pressure levels and the like.
- Skipping breakfast, often eating snacks on-the-go instead of proper lunch, late night dinners, change of food while traveling, eating food rich in fat, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, smoking are some of the common causes of excessive fatigue. Sometimes, unavoidable circumstances force working men and women to follow an unhealthy lifestyle which eventually results in health problems.
- Excessive stress leading to hormone imbalance is the main cause of poor energy, especially in women. Various phases such as puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, breast-feeding and menopause may lead to hormonal imbalance.
Simple Ways to Boost Your Energy Levels
- To lead an active life, you need to follow a balanced and healthy diet. Make sure that your body gets the essential nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, etc., in proper proportions, regularly through diet. You should include whole grain foods and foods rich in magnesium, zinc, selenium, calcium, etc., in your diet.
- As explained above, your body may get filled with toxins unknowingly. This can sap your energy. It is necessary to opt for natural detox at home. Drinking plenty of water or water fasting helps throw away the accumulated toxins. You need to drink at least 7 – 8 glasses of water and increase your fluid intake (lemonade, fruit juices, clear soups, skim milk, herbal tea, etc.) as well.
- You need to avoid sodas, alcohol, drugs, sugar and beverages that contain too much of caffeine. You should quit smoking. If you are following a sedentary lifestyle, then you need to exercise regularly. Avoid late nights and sleep early. Avoid heavy food at night, never skip your breakfast or meals. Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. This will improve your digestive health and also the overall health. Certain foods like bananas and dates are considered as natural energy boosters.
- Simple exercises like walking and swimming (at least for 10 minutes, you may increase the time gradually) can leave you energized. Increased physical activity strengthens the muscles. You would feel strong and you would willingly exercise more.
- To avoid depression, you should keep yourself engaged in good activities. Providing sufficient rest is equally important for proper functioning of the brain.
People with low energy levels may exhibit symptoms like increased irritability, feeling tired all the time, tired eyes, nervousness, weakness in limbs, fluctuations in blood sugar levels, and the like. But, simple lifestyle changes can boost their energy, significantly. Depleted energy levels can further lead to depression and may worsen the situation. To avoid this, you should set aside some free time for yourself and take a break from routine life. This will relieve stress and help you discover a rejuvenated happy new you.