We are all obsessed with our cell phones. The cell phone is the gadget we use on a daily basis, and even we sleep with it charging next to our bed. This device is simply everywhere. However, there is a concern whether or not they increase the risk of developing cancer or tumors in the neck and head areas.
The Specific Absorption Rate
According to Federal Communications Commission (FCC), all cell phones sold in the US must be tested for their SAR or Specific Absorption Rate. So, that value is the rate at which radiation from a cell phone is being absorbed into the human body when the phone is held up next to the ear. It is allowed up to 1.6 watts per kilogram of body weight. Therefore, any device whose SAR exceeds this amount is banned from being sold.
The Top 5 Phones with the Highest Radiation
This is the list of the top 5 cell phones, which have the highest levels of radiation, or SAR scores:
1) Motorola Droid Maxx, SAR 1.54. Sold by Verizon Wireless
2) Motorola Droid Ultra, SAR 1.54. Sold by Verizon Wireless
3) Motorola Moto E, SAR 1.5
4) Alcatel One Touch Evolve, SAR 1.49. Sold by T-Mobile
5) Huawei Vitria, SAR 1.49. Sold by MetroPCS
So, as you can see, on the top of the list is the Motorola Droid Max, which is among the priciest and best-rated ones. The second and the third cell phone are the most expensive models on the list, while the remaining three are cheaper phones. Make sure that the next time you buy a phone, you check its SAR.
Additionally, you should protect yourself from your cell phone’s radiation by:
- talking on speaker
- keeping the phone away, especially away from the bra area
- turning the phone off as often as possible
- using the airplane mode more often
- buying a Radiation-Protective Case